the ROOT analysis tools on Windows can be a bit painful: normally you have to
install cygwin (huge!), and then you use the command line. This is too bad
because Windows has a great development environment along with a good integrated
debugger. This tool attempts to bridge the two build worlds on Windows:
- A MSVC IDE ROOT project is created, including all the source code for
the version of ROOT you are building.
- You can build ROOT in debug mode or perhaps release mode with debug
information, or even just plane release mode.
- Clicking "build" will build the project using MinGW's make tools and sh.
- You can set break points in the source file in the same way that you
would usually. Clicking "debug" will start up ROOT and correctly stop at a
- VS2003, VS2005, and VS2008 are all supported. But please read the notes,
especially if you are using 2003!
This tool is very simplistic... :-)